Saturday, April 16, 2005

Macrobiotic Meetup in Manoa

Today we had our first Vegan/Macrobiotic Meetup Group activity in Manoa at Kathy Maddux's Great Life Bento place. At first I thought it would be just Kathy and myself, but I was so happy to see 3 more people come, all of whom are vegan. It was a lot of fun for me to talk with everyone and get to know some people around Honolulu, and to hear more about Kathy's experience when she went to the Kushi Institute. She is, so far, the only macrobiotic person that I have met here, and it really recharges my macro battery to interact with like-minded individuals. It will be important to generate a strong community. Our next event is going to be a potluck, and I am sure we can get more people to attend. That will be a lot of fun to have a social event and to meet some people.

In the past, I used to be really shy, but after becoming macrobiotic and learning yoga, I have been able to open myself up to new experiences and new people. This is why arranging this meeting and getting to know others was super exciting for me. Changing my diet and lifestyle has made such an enormous difference in my well-being, spirituality, peace of mind, and life destiny.

After the meeting, I was just a hop, skip, and a jump away from Manoa Yoga studio, so I went over there for a class with Ray Madigan. It felt really good to stretch my body, and as a result, I became very relaxed, and my spirits were really lifted even more. While doing forward bends, there was a huge rainbow arching across the valley, embracing us.

I am so grateful to be in such a beautiful place and to challenge myself with this new life opportunity. Thank you to the Universe.

No comments: