Tuesday, March 29, 2005

I have arrived!

To my lovely friends,
I just wanted to let you all know that I am here in Hawaii, and I made it safely, sort of. I overstayed my VISA accidentally by one day, and they kind of freaked in Immigration. I got sent over to this scary side room where I thought I would be interrogated or jailed unable to return to Hawaii. In the end, I paid 4,000 yen and sweated bullets that I would miss my flight. I was one of the last people on the plane, but as I ran down through the terminal was practically in tears that I might have to stay on the airport floor and not return as planned. They gave me a special one day permit so that everything is kosher with my paperwork. Oops. Glad to be back here. Didnt sleep at all on the airplane, and am still going after a short nap today. Being macrobiotic is magnificent. Any other person might be devastated by jet lag.

Be well! Love to you, Leslie

No comments: