Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Invisible worlds, friends and enemies

This weekend, Hiroyuki and Mie Naka were in Honolulu to do a seminar about macrobiotic cooking and they gave some amazing lectures as well. Hiroyuki was talking extensively about the invisible world. I'm still reflecting on their visit, their lectures, and my talks with them. Meanwhile, I've also just downloaded the current version of Macrobiotic Today, and Carl Ferre has a wonderful article in it about friends and enemies being examples of yin and yang. He replaces yin and yang with these two words and then explains them in some detail. Friends and enemies all originate from the same source: infinity, and are first nurtured in the invisible world before they manifest in the visible. I started again thinking about our invisible world and how a person can nuture it, if this is possible? Meditating? Praying? I put on a CD that my great friend Reni gave to me -- it has she and several friends chanting in a samurai shinto temple in the foothills of Fukuyama, Japan. It felt like she was sitting next to me in my car as I drove to work.... I got out, and as I walked to my destination, I could hear the same sound in my ears (om), as though it was coming from everywhere at once. I am resolved to thinking more about the invisible world and energy.