Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Current Goals

My current goals are to:

1) Get more sleep. I've set a goal to be in bed by 10:30 to 11:00 pm every night. I've been burning the candle at both ends and paying for it. It's amazing how much better I feel with 8 as opposed to 6 hours of sleep, and I don't feel as hungry all the time too.

2) Exercise more. I've been putting aside taking care of my own needs to meet the needs of others. I plan to recommit myself to my yoga practice (which has been going well) and to manage my time better so I can go for a walk, go to the gym and take a kick boxing class, or to spend time in my living room stretching to a yoga DVD.

3) Take what I have developed thus far with macrobiotic classes, and to improve upon it in whatever way possible. Now more people in Honolulu have learned about macrobiotics, and I'd love to bring more classes to them in better locations. I've been enjoying all the classes at both Kaiser Highschool and also at UH in particular for different reasons. The main thing I love is that the classes are affordable for adults in the community and for students at UH.

4) Learn more about macrobiotics. While in Japan, I had lots of time to study, but I have had less time to study here. I guess I'm learning other aspects of things surrounding macrobiotics, such as figuring food costs, interacting with organizations, brainstorming creative ways to bring more into the community, and in believing that anything is possible.

5) On a practical level, I'd love to get back to my body scrub. In Japan, I had a regular practice since the showers there are so high tech. I could dry off, and then reset the temperature for my water to a higher level, and in about 2 minutes, refill my bucket. Here, I have to get out of the shower, and boil water to get it hot enough. For some reason, I haven't felt totally comfortable working out a new system. It's a goal to recommit to that, since I feel so much better.

6) Eat less. I have such a powerful appetite! Geez!

This should be enough to keep my working for a while.